Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Recipe: Pumpkin Bow Tie Pasta

As mentioned, I love my pasta machine.  I also love pumpkin.  I made pumpkin pasta tonight, and decided to have a little extra fun and made it into bow tie pasta!  I served it with herbed brown butter sauce.  It would have been really excellent with some toasted walnuts and/or some parmesan cheese...

So much fun!

Pumpkin Bow Tie Pasta

3/4 c pumpkin puree
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
4 Tbsp ground flax seeds

In a food processor or by hand, combine the pumpkin and flour until they form a dough.  Using a bread machine, a stand mixer with a dough hook, or by hand, knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth.  If it's too sticky, add a little more flour.  If it's too dry, add a little water.

Cover in saran wrap and let sit for about 15 minutes.

Using a small amount at a time, roll out in pasta machine as thin as possible (setting 6 on my machine), or by hand as thin as possible into sheets.
To make into bow ties:  Cut with a knife or a pasta cutter into small rectangles (about 2 1/2" x 1 1/2").  Pinch in the middle to form bow ties.  Lay on a cutting board let dry for a few minutes.

(You can also make other shapes or linguine)


Boil a large pot of water with salt in it.  Drop pasta in (don't overcrowd the pot) and let cook for about 3 minutes.  Drain and serve with your favorite sauce.



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh . my . GOODNESS! That looks fantastic Astrid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful!! I have a bunch of pumpkin sitting around just waiting to be made in to something delicious like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes I am humbled by your expertise. I would love to make homemade pasta too. Maybe over the Christmas break. For now I am contenting scouring the stores for cute shapes. Your humble friend.

    ReplyDelete