Monday, December 20, 2010

Recipe: Eggnog Sugar Cookies

Yes, I made more sugar cookies.

Yes, I have perhaps lost my mind.

But, I have all of this extra royal icing and flood icing in my fridge... I didn't want to throw it ALL out.  Plus, I got some sweet ornament cookie cutters...

So, I used the same recipe (Bake at 350's Sugar Cookie Recipe), and instead of vanilla and almond extracts, I used rum extract (1 tsp), a tiny bit of almond extract (1/4 tsp) and nutmeg (1/4 tsp).  Voila - Eggnog Sugar Cookies.  It's a rather subtle flavor, so if you want it to be a really eggnog-y flavor, you should use more rum extract.  And heck, you could go crazy and thin the royal icing with rum to make flood icing.

I promise I won't tell.  And I think it would work..


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment