Sunday, May 8, 2011

Recipe: Spiced Carrot Apple Oat Mini Muffins

On my Facebook page, I asked earlier this week what you would like to see me make this week.  The winner from the choices I gave was Carrot Apple Mini Muffins.

So here they are!

I used Teeny Tiny Spice Company's Garam Masala, but you could use your favorite garam masala, or just a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom.  It won't be quite the same, but it would be delicious all the same.

This makes a ton of mini muffins.  I got 72 mini muffins and a mini loaf pan out of it.  So obviously, you could cut the recipe in half.  Or, you could just make the whole batch ... they freeze well!


Spiced Carrot Apple Oat Mini Muffins

3 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/4 c natural applesauce
1 1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla

1 c whole wheat flour
1 c all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Garam Masala

1/2 c shredded apple (I used 1 apple, cored, peel on)
2 c shredded carrot
1/2 c raisins
2 c oats (not quick oats, old-fashioned rolled oats)


Preheat oven to 350 F.  Cream together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.  Add in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.  Mix well.

Stir in apple, carrots, raisins, and oats.
I've mentioned I love my new counter, right?  Perfect mini-muffin staging area!
72 mini muffins, 1 mini loaf pan.
Scoop into lined mini muffin pans and bake for about 12 minutes.

Cool on wire racks and enjoy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment