Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dinners for an Outing: A Prairie Home Companion


A couple of months ago, I heard that A Prairie Home Companion was coming to town - and we all love Garrison Keeler.  It is one of my joys in life that the kids enjoy listening to him on NPR as much as I do.  They were thrilled at the idea of seeing a show live, and so I packed us dinners in my beloved Easylunchboxes and off we went!  (Unfortunately, The Hubby had to work late... he was there in spirit)

The Girl's Dinner
The Boy's Dinner
My dinner
I made wraps with roasted chicken, farmer's cheese that a friend gave me, lettuce, pesto for The Boy and for me, and hummus for The Girl.  The Boy had melon, carrots, apple slices, and some Food Should Taste Good chips that I got from BzzAgent (they sent me free items so that I share them and about them - delicious chips, which I have reviewed before).  The Girl had some blueberries, pistachios, carrots, and apple slices. I had some cucumber, apple slices, and blueberries.


It was a great night, with a delicious picnic dinner that was just right for the occasion.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. So yummy, and I grew up listening to Garrison Keillor.. how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing! I love PHC, so sorry your husband missed out.

    ReplyDelete