Thursday, October 3, 2013

Recipe: Persian Adwiya Lemon Cream Spaghetti Squash

I got some spaghetti squash from my CSA and was looking for recipes to use it in.  The last time I made spaghetti squash, I tried to cook it in my microwave, and though I pierced the skin, I apparently didn't pierce it enough, because it exploded.  I have pictures someplace.  It was horrible.

I went the safe route this time and baked the spaghetti squash.

I used some Persian Adwiya spice from Teeny Tiny Spice Company, and was inspired by this recipe.  You could leave it out, or just add some of your favorite spice mix.  The Adwiya adds a lovely flavor that I can heartily recommend.  I served it with lemon pepper rotisserie chicken and it was incredible.

Persian Adwiya Lemon Cream Spaghetti Squash

2 spaghetti squash
1 Tbsp butter
1 lemon - zest and juice
1 container Savory Garlic Philadelphia Cooking Creme
1/2 c grated romano or parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Persian Adwiya Teeny Tiny Spice

Preheat oven to 400 F.  Halve the spaghetti squash and put a small pat of butter in each one.  Sprinkle with a little Persian Adwiya spice.  Bake the squash until tender, about 40 minutes.  Using a fork, shred out the squash in spaghetti-like strands and transfer to a large dish.

Combine the lemon zest and juice with the cooking creme (you could also use cream cheese thinned with some milk or sour cream, with some garlic added), along with the remaining Persian Adwiya spice.  Stir into the spaghetti squash and top with the cheese, stirring it in to mix completely.


If desired, serve with chopped lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, and enjoy!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment