Friday, August 15, 2014

Lunches for an Outing: Treasures of Tutankhamun in Montreal - 8.15.14

When we went up to see the Caves of Lascaux last month, we saw a poster in the subway advertising the Treasures of King Tut.

The Girl is totally obsessed with Egypt, and her jaw dropped.  My mother has been to Egypt and has seen some Tut artifacts already.  I also adore Egyptian history.


The Boy grumped at The Met in the Egyptian exhibit so much, he declined to go when I offered.  His loss.


My mother and I brought The Girl up to Montreal today to see this amazing traveling exhibit before it moves on to it's next stop at the end of the month.



I don't even know where that will be, but I do know that it is not going to be as close to us as Montreal.


Of course, I brought lunches.


We ate out on the pier in Old Montreal, with the World's Fair building and La Ronde amusement park in the background, and with seagulls for company.


We had turkey and salami sandwiches with hummus and salad greens on ciabatta, with popcorn, champagne grapes, and plums.



Deciphering the hyroglyphics
If you have a chance to see this exhibit, go.  I am not sure where it is going next, but if it is anywhere close to you, it is more than worth it.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete