Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recipe - In Honor of Dr. Seuss: Edible Oobleck!

I'm planning a fun lunch for Tuesday, in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday.  I've talked about it more over on my reading blog.

We made some cornstarch oobleck today, and I thought it would be fun to make some out of something tasty.  So, I made some jell-o jigglers using yogurt.  They are yummy, but really sweet.  It probably would have been just as good or better using plain yogurt, or using unflavored gelatin instead of the lime I used.  I don't think the girl will complain about it being too sweet.  Below is how I made them.  A little less liquid would probably also be just fine.


Oobleck Jello

1 sm. box lime jell-o
1/2 c boiling water
1 6-oz container lime yogurt (would be good with plain)

Stir the water into the jell-o, then stir in the yogurt.  Pour into a pan that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.  (I used my deviled egg plate).

Refrigerate until solidified, and then cut into desired shapes.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment