Thursday, July 15, 2010

Recipe: Chicky Beef Sliders

I had my brother and his three children over for dinner.  I had a little over a pound of ground beef thawed.  In order to stretch it, I mixed it with pureed chick peas, and you couldn't even tell!  It was a great way to stretch the meat, and to add an extra punch of nutrition.

(I used my fun Slider Grill Set, but you could make them by hand, or make full sized burgers)


Chicky Beef Sliders

1 lb lean ground beef
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp dried minced onion
2 Tbsp Montreal Steak seasoning

Puree the chickpeas in a foodprocessor, or mash evenly.  Mix with ground beef and seasonings.  Form into mini-burgers (aka sliders) and grill until desired level of doneness is reached.  This makes about 24 sliders.


(Served in Whole Wheat Slider Buns)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment