Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Recipe: Tuna Stuffed Cucumber

I made these fun stuffed cucumbers tonight, to mixed reviews from the kids... the girl ate nothing but the tuna salad, the boy ate nothing but the cucumbers, and I joyfully ate the whole thing (and packed leftovers in my lunch!).

I thought I would share the recipe, though, because they are so very lunch box worthy.


Tuna Stuffed Cucumber

1 cucumber
1 can tuna, packed in water
4 Tbsp ranch dressing (I used low fat)
1 Tbsp fresh dill (you could use dry, but fresh is so delicious)
Sesame seeds (optional)

Cut the cucumber in half width-wise, and scoop out the seeds carefully with a spoon, so you are left with a hollow tube of cucumber.  Peel carefully.

Mix drained tuna, ranch dressing, and dill together, breaking up the tuna into small pieces.

Fill the cucumber halves tightly with tuna salad.

Roll the cucumber halves in sesame seeds, if desired, and then cut into rounds.

I served on pieces of toast with some cheddar cheese.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So excited about this - we will use it this weekend with our extra-large cucumbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooo trying this! Possibly now, even though it's 1am!

    ReplyDelete