Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Recipe: Twice Baked Potatoes with Feta and Chickpeas

I am so happy with this recipe!  I made little balls out of the leftover filling, and they are totally lunch-boxable.  The Girl loved LOVED them.

(I cannot load pictures right now, but I will later - or check on my Facebook page!)

 A note: I cooked my potatoes (before the stuffing) in the microwave.  I have a great microwave that has a "potato sensor cook" button, so it was simple and fool proof.  You could also bake them in the oven.


Twice Baked Potatoes with Feta and Chickpeas

4 potatoes, skins washed well
1/4 c feta cheese crumbles (I used low fat)
2/3 c plain yogurt (I used homemade non-fat Greek Style)
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tsp garlic powder

Poke potatoes with a fork several times and place on a paper towel in your microwave.  Cook on high for about 8-10 minutes, then let sit in the microwave for a couple of minutes.  If they don't seem done, keep baking for a couple more minutes.

Slice potatoes in half and carefully scoop out their innards, leaving some of the flesh so that the skins don't break.  Combine the scooped out flesh into a bowl.  Add in cheese, yogurt, chickpeas, and garlic powder.  Mash well with a fork or a potato masher.  Scoop the filling back into the potato shells.

If there is any filling leftover, scoop into balls and put on a baking sheet with the filled potatoes.  Turn on your broiler and when it is heated, broil for 5-7 minutes.  Enjoy!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment