Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Veggie and Sausage Pasta

I made this up for dinner tonight, and it was wonderful... at least to me.

The Girl was not home, and The Boy ... well, he ate the pasta.  And the sausage.  *sigh*

Still, I think it's absolutely worth trying!  I used chicken sausage with feta and spinach, but you could use any sausage you like.

Roasted Veggie and Sausage Pasta


1 small zucchini, chopped coarsely
1 small yellow summer squash, chopped coarsely
1/2 medium onion, chopped coarsely
1/2 c carrots, chopped coarsely
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil (I used freeze-dried)
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c chopped sundried tomatoes (oil packed, drained)
3 sausages, chopped coarsely (I used chicken sausage with feta and spinach)

1 package bow tie pasta (I used Wacky Mac Veggie Bowties), cooked according to package directions

Preheat oven to 425 F.  Combine zucchini, squash, carrots, and onion in a small roasting pan along with olive oil, garlic, basil, and salt & pepper. 


Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times.  Add in the sundried tomatoes and the sausage pieces and cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Combine the veggie & sausage mixture with the cooked pasta and serve.  Would also be good served cold as a pasta salad.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment