Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipe: Jack-o-lantern Pizza

This is more of a method than a recipe, but it was super fun... although it looked better before I added on anything other than cheese, lol.

I took some homemade pizza dough, and rolled it out into approximately pumpkin shapes.

I mixed some pizza sauce with some leftover pumpkin puree that I had from making cookies this morning.



After spreading this sauce on the pizza dough, I made jack-o-lantern faces with fresh Mozzarella cheese - I used some fun cookie cutters my sister got me at IKEA to help make faces.

These looked pretty good, but they tasted better with a little more toppings... I added baby spinach and some mini turkey pepperoni on the pizzas that belonged to people that wanted them, and also some shredded Mozzarella.


Bake as you would your regular pizza - these were baked at 350 F for 12 minutes.  They were not crispy crust.  A higher temperature would have made them crispier, if that's what you prefer.

These pizzas were a hit - I'll be making them again for sure!  Next time, I would put the other toppings on under the faces, because I think it would look better that way.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I have leftover pumpkin puree too, from making pumpkin pancakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! And tasty too! I always appreciate new ideas for pumpkin puree!

    ReplyDelete