Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries and White Chocolate

I love pumpkin.  This should be apparent by now.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it - used craisins instead of dried cherries, pretty much - to make a delicious cookie!


Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries and White Chocolate

2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 c (2 sticks) butter; softened
1 c packed light brown sugar
1 c granulated sugar
1 c pure pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c white chocolate chips
1 c craisins

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line your baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and spices in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract; mix well. Add flour mixture; combine until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in white chocolate chips and craisins.
Use a cookie scoop to drop onto lined cookie sheets, and bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE PUMPKIN! I just posted a pumpkin recipe on my blog. I've never seen this recipe before and I might have to try it out sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound too good. I have been wanting to bake cookies. May have to make these this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful but wish there were a lower-fat version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple. you could replace at least half of the butter with applesauce... it would be a cakier texture, probably, but still delicious.

    ReplyDelete