Monday, November 14, 2011

Recipe: Spinach Salad with Apple, Cheddar, and Craisins (and Maple Cider Vinaigrette)

I made this wonderful salad up last night a Cooking Night my friends at Kiss the Cook and I had, and I liked it so much that I had to make it again tonight!




Spinach Salad with Apple, Cheddar, and Craisins (and Maple Cider Vinaigrette)

3 c baby spinach
3 c hearts of romaine
1/4 c cubed sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
1 apple, peeled and cubed
1/4 red onion, diced small
1/4 c craisins


Maple Cider Vinaigrette

2 oz cider vinegar
2 oz olive oil
2 oz maple syrup (real, please)

Tear spinach and hearts of romaine into small pieces, and toss in a salad bowl with the remaining salad ingredients.  In a small canning jar, combine the ingredients for the dressing and shake to combine.  Dress the salad directly before serving, and enjoy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment