Monday, May 5, 2014

Family Lunches: 5.5.14

Cinco de Mayo!

I made homemade flour tortillas, using this recipe, but the result was neither as puffy nor as flexible as I would have liked, so I am still looking for the perfect homemade flour tortillas.  Any recommendations?

I did use the tortillas to make homemade quesadillas for lunches, though.  I spread each of two tortillas with fat free refried beans, then topped with a little taco sauce and some Mexican blend cheese.  I made sandwiches with two tortillas (refried beans only on the top one), and then grilled on each side until the cheese was melted.

For lunches, I cut the quesadillas up into wedges.
Quesadilla: 25g, babybell: 1g, rice: 5g, honeydew: 6g, apple slices: 4g
The Boy has a quesadilla, some Spanish rice, a babybell cheese, honeydew melon, and apple slices.  His snack is a homemade granola bar (not pictured, 24g)


The Girl has a quesadilla, some Spanish rice, a babybell cheese, orange slices, and apple slices.  She has a homemade granola bar for snack (not pictured).


I have a quesadilla, Spanish rice, orange slices, and honeydew melon.

I have something planned for dinner to honor Cinco de Mayo as well.  That's going in the crockpot during the day.

Are you having Mexican today?


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. We had quesadillas too! So yummy!! Your tortillas turned out awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete