Monday, July 14, 2014

Lunches for an Outing: Camp Drop-off and another Trip to the Montshire Museum - 7.13.14


The Girl is off to her first ever sleep-away camp!  She worked very hard to sell a ton of girl scout cookies to earn some of the camp tuition, and she carefully chose the camp she wanted to attend.  She ended up choosing a swimming and water based camp, and she couldn't have been more excited.


It turned out that the camp was only about 15 minutes away from the Montshire Museum, which we visited on Friday.  I asked a friend to join us on the trip, because I know that he adores fossils.




Basically all of the pictures I got at the museum are of him playing with the exhibits.  It was wonderful.


For lunches, I packed a caramelized onion cheddar sandwich on a sandwich thin, a couple Saturn peaches, ginger cat cookies, and cherries.  We also had some cheese puffs on the side.  It was a happy lunch.


Happily, the Montshire is also around the corner from King Arthur Flour, so my friend and I got some fuel for the drive home.

The Girl said that she was worried about going to camp for only one reason - she would miss my cooking.

... then, she saw that they were planning on serving pizza for dinner, and she didn't seem so worried anymore.
Her brother is going to miss her this week..
I hope that she has an amazing week at camp, and I think we might stop by the museum again when we pick her up on Saturday!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment