Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lunches for an Outing: Montreal Science Center - Caves of Lascaux Exhibit!


When I saw that the Montreal Science Center was hosting a traveling exhibit of the famous Cave Paintings of Lascaux, I immediately knew that we had to go with my mother.  My mother has always been fascinated with history (and pre-history), and she and my father raised me to love them, too.


The Girl loves art and was thrilled when we told her we were going to see some of the earliest art ever discovered.

The Boy preferred the more active part of our visit
The Boy doesn't quite have the history background yet to really understand how outstanding this exhibit was, but he will remember it when he gets older.  He also enjoyed the other parts of the science center - a big science play room.



We were floored by the exhibit.  It was amazing to see how sophisticated the artistic techniques were from 20,000 years ago.

Though the rest of the center was a bit of a disappointment.  I would not have made the trip to Montreal just for the science center if the Cave exhibit had not been there.  The Montshire and the Boston Museum of Science are far superior, in our opinion.

Lunches for our day
Making the pocket sandwiches with Cute-z-cute
For the lunches, I brought some tiny champagne grapes that I finally found at Trader Joe's (their season is very short, so we're gobbling them up when we can get them!), trail mix with crystallized ginger, rolls of black forest ham, apple slices, leftover Thai curry waffles, and a tiny pocket sandwich with some sun-dried tomato hummus inside, made with CuteZCute Cuddle Palz.


We can't wait for our next adventure - this one was sure one that we will remember for years to come!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment