Friday, November 20, 2009

Recipe: Fruit Leather

I got these fruit leather sheets for my food dehydrator, and decided to put them to use yesterday. 

It couldn't have been simpler - I made apple fruit leather, from homemade applesauce.

All I had to do was lightly coat the sheets with cooking spray, and then spread out applesauce thinly and evenly.  You can use other fruit, too, but I had applesauce on hand.


Then, turn on the dehydrator.  I left it on for about 10 hours and it was perfect.


Peel off the sheet when still warm, then roll up and wrap in saran wrap.  Cut into pieces and enjoy.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Astrid, you were one of the winners from the pom wonderful giveaway! I couldn't find an email address/contact info. for you...
    please email me at 4ballfam at gmail dot com with your mailing address so I can pass it on to my contact at pom wonderful!
    Amanda at lunchbox limbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you... come on by and pick it up! http://bentojunkie.blogspot.com/

    I'm sorry I don't know how to do the hyperlink.

    ReplyDelete