Monday, June 30, 2014

Recipe: Prosciutto Perline Pasta Salad

It is hot and muggy here in Vermont today, and I had absolutely no desire to cook or eat anything hot.  Pasta salad to the rescue!

I picked up some prosciutto perline at Trader Joe's, and they are delicious little bundles of pasta.  You could, of course, use any pasta you like - a small, fresh, filled pasta will be better, in my opinion.

In order to make the pasta salad, I cooked up the pasta (and then quickly turned the stove off!) and rinsed it in cold water.  I then added some quartered mini heirloom tomatoes (again, you could use cherry tomatoes if you like - I like these tomatoes because they are delicious AND beautiful!) and some sliced and quartered mini cucumbers.  I tossed in halved mini mozzarella balls.

To finish it off, I made a light vinaigrette.  In a small canning jar, I combined about 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar and 3 Tbsp olive oil, with some Italian spices.  I shook the jar up very well, and then poured over the salad, stirring to coat.

The salad was then refrigerated for about an hour to chill, and to allow the flavors to meld.


Yum.  And cool.  Now I might go have some ice cream.

Disclaimer: I love Trader Joe's, but they do not sponsor this post or this blog. All opinions are my own (or that of the kids)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment