Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe: Banana Cream Blueberry Mini Muffins

Because of this, I'm baking today.
And this is plowed...
I have a lot of pudding mix in my pantry, so I decided to make some muffins using it!  This one, banana cream pudding, I was given... and I was never going to eat as pudding.  It just wasn't going to happen.  So - muffins it is!  I used some King Arthur Flour Blueberry jammy bits in them, but you could use some dried, frozen, or fresh blueberries if you don't have jammy bits.  They are lovely, though.  I highly recommend them.

They turned out very nicely - very moist.  So, give it a try!


Banana Cream Blueberry Mini Muffins

6 Tbsp butter
1/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c skim milk
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 box Banana Cream pudding mix
1/2 c King Arthur Flour blueberry jammy bits
4 nilla wafers, crushed (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 F.  Combine butter, brown sugar, egg, and milk.  Stir in flours, baking powder, and pudding mix.  Fold in the jammy bits (or dried, frozen, or fresh blueberries if desired). 

Scoop into mini muffin cups.  If desired, sprinkle with nilla wafer crumbs.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on wire racks and enjoy.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Geez. I forget where you live. I'm glad I'm not in the same town. That snow would break my spirit completely. Courage!

    ReplyDelete