Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Party 2012

I love Halloween!!
Punch with dry ice
For me, the party is all about the food.  And the costumes.  But the food is where it starts.


Here's what I made this year.


Roasted Beet Dip

3 beets, peeled
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 package chevre (small package - I used caramelized onion chevre!  So yummy!)

I used two candy cane beets and one golden beet... it would have been a pink dip if I had used regular beets.  That would have been pretty, but I worked with what I had
Preheat oven to 400 F.  Cut the beets up and place, along with garlic cloves, in a foil lined pan.  Roast for about 40 minutes, or until the beets are softened.

Mix in a food processor along with the chevre until well blended.

 ***************

Gorgonzola Artichoke Dip

1/2 c gorgonzola
1 can artichoke hearts, drained.
2 Tbsp buffalo sauce (to taste)


Mix cheese and artichoke hearts in a food processor until smooth.  Add the buffalo sauce to taste. 

***************

Pumpkin Fluff Dip

Pumpkin Fluff Dip - Follow the link for this simple and delicious recipe.  It's not something I came up with, but it's certainly something that I love!

***************


Chocolate Cut Out cookies - a King Arthur Flour recipe, cut with these cutters.

***************


A friend posted these to my Facebook wall, and I knew I had to make them!  I sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese and some King Arthur Flour pizza seasoning.  I totally used the Pop-n-fresh bread stick dough, but I could have made my own.  I just didn't have time.

***************


This canape bread was made using this King Arthur Flour recipe, in these pans.  I colored them orange for a festive touch.

***************

Curried Deviled Eggs

12 eggs
1 Tbsp curry powder
2-4 Tbsp Miracle Whip
1 tsp smoked paprika

Place eggs in a large pot of water.  Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover for 10 minutes.  Peel eggs and halve them, popping out the yolks.  Mix together the yolks with curry powder, Miracle whip, and the smoked paprika until smooth (I used a food processor).   Pipe back into the egg whites and enjoy.

***************
Quick Crockpot Pumpkin Chili

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can pumpkin puree
2 c salsa
2 Tbsp chili powder

Mix all ingredients together in a crockpot and cook for about 3 hours on high, or 6 hours on low. 

***************
I wish I had gotten a picture of the making of this Cider Sangria.  It is delicious.  Totally a win for the grown ups in the crowd!  I made it according the the Food & Wine recipe, using Woodchuck hard cider.  I will be making this one again!

 And there was a non-alcoholic punch, too.  For the little witches.  With a bit of dry ice.  Because that's how we roll.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. love your party food -- the pumpkin chili sounds good and super easy-- might have to try that one soon :) love the costumes too!

    ReplyDelete