Saturday, January 22, 2011

Recipe: Hot Cocoa Mix

I don't know about the weather where you are, but here in Vermont, tomorrow's HIGH temperature is -1 F.  Today is a relatively balmy 10.  Yipes.

This calls for hot cocoa.

Hot, sweet, chocolately, but not too decadent, so I can feel ok giving this to the kiddos after a cold romp in the snow.  And easy!  I put this together in less than 5 minutes, and it will give me about 20 servings of cocoa, I think.

Hot Cocoa Mix

2 1/2 c nonfat dry milk
1 c sugar
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
1/2 c non-dairy creamer


Combine ingredients in an air tight container.

Shake well to mix.

To serve, put 3-4 Tbsp in a mug and pour in boiling water.  Mix well.  If desired, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.  It makes a difference.  Enjoy!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment