Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve Wrap Up: Top 14 of 2014


Another year is coming to a close, and I thought that I would follow in the footsteps of some of my Bento Bloggers & Friends, like Eclectic Lamb and Eats Amazing, and wrap it up with a Best Of post.


In January, I made a Pistachio Baklava with Orange Blossom Syrup for my mother's birthday.  It was so delicious!  I actually hope that she asks for it again this year... though we are rarely repetitive in my family.

In February, I made these fantastic little S'mores Bites.  I seriously need to make them again - they were great in lunches, too!


In March, I found inspiration for lunch from Wendy Copley's book, Everyday Bento


I also threw one heck of a Harry Potter Birthday party for The Girl, who turned 11, including Chocolate Frogs.


April brought Easter celebration lunches, packed in plastic eggs.  That was fun, and I'll probably do it again this year in some way.


The Boy's birthday is in May, and he requested a Calvin & Hobbes Birthday party.  I made him a really cool Calvin & Hobbes Birthday cake, using frozen buttercream transfer to decorate it.


In June, we had a couple great hikes to pack lunches for, including this one to Spruce Mountain.


It was a summer of many adventures, and one in July was a trip to Montreal to see the Caves of Lascaux exhibit.

I also made this really cool honeybee wedding cake in July, complete with royal icing bees with gelatin wings.

In August, we had a grand adventure when my mother and I took the kids to NYC, and there was much food involved.

Talk Like a Pirate Day is in September, and I was pretty proud of my offering for the Bento Bloggers & Friends Blog hop to commemorate the day.


October is, of course, Halloween, and I participated in a Spooky Blog Hop.


In November, we re-visited Happy Potter with an Edible Geekery Blog hop.. and I drew Maggie Smith on a tortilla. 


Finally, in December, we had some snow, and I was particularly proud of the mozzarella ball snowmen in this lunch.

Bringing 2014 to a close, I hope that 2015 brings nothing by fantastic things, in lunches, adventures, food, and beyond.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome collection! Thank you for including a link to mine. My family makes fun of me by saying I never make the same thing twice. I love baklava and still need to try yours. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete