Monday, December 19, 2011

Recipe: Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies

This week, I am going to be at Kiss the Cook nearly full time (it's Christmas week, I take time off from my full-time job to help out more at the store).  I love to bring treats to the customers, especially when it's really busy (in fact, I get sad when the treats I bring run out, and customers have nothing to nibble on while their gifts are wrapped...), so I will likely be making lots of cookies this week.
Looks like Christmas!

I found these dark chocolate mint chips at the store, and decided to make some Chocolate Mint Chip cookies, using some black cocoa from King Arthur Flour.
Image courtesy King Arthur Flour


Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp mint extract
1 Tbsp espresso powder (optional)
1/3 c black cocoa
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa (*can use 2/3 c cocoa if you don't have black cocoa)
1/3 c milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 c flour
1 bag dark chocolate & mint chips (or plain mint chips)

Preheat oven to 325 F.  Cream together the butter and sugars.  Add in extracts, espresso powder, and cocoas.  Stir in the milk and then mix in the baking powder and flour.  Fold in the baking chips.

Scoop the dough out onto parchment lined baking sheets.  Chill the baking sheets for at least 10 minutes.
My freezer was full, so the cookie sheet got to chill on the porch with the scarfs and mittens.
Bake for 12-14 minutes.  Allow to cool on the baking sheets, and then enjoy (or save in an airtight container to enjoy later!)
Looks like Christmas!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo yummy! I have one bag of those chips left after using the others to make fudge so now I know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete