Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recipe: Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs

I figured I should post an actual dinner recipe, lest you all think I have forgone real food in favor of cookies and sweets...

Tonight I wanted a quick and easy dinner that I thought the kids would eat.   I had some frozen meatballs in the freezer.  I felt like sloppy joes.  Enter Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs.

I served them with Carrot "Fries" which I would more call roasted carrots.. but the kids ate them when I put ketchup on their plates.  I guess that's something.


Sloppy Joe Meatball Subs

1 small bag frozen meatballs (I used Swedish style, but Italian style would also be yummy)
1 large can Sloppy Joe sauce (could make your own sauce, but I was going for super quick)
6-8 grinder rolls
shredded cheese

Put the still-frozen meatballs in a large saute pan over medium heat.  Pour on the sloppy joe sauce and cover.  Cook for about 25 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to move the meatballs around.

Split the rolls in half and toast under a broiler for a couple minutes.  Sprinkle some cheese on the open bun and scoop on 3-4 meatballs along with sauce.  Enjoy!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds sooo good. I am craving sloppy joe subs now! We had roasted carrots with our dinner tonight too :D

    ReplyDelete