Saturday, December 17, 2011

Recipe: Spiced Eggnog Sugar Cookies

Last year, I made eggnog sugar cookies, but this recipe is a bit different. 

First, I used some Garam Masala from Teeny Tiny Spice Company in them.  Yum!

Second, I used actual eggnog in them.  Just a touch, but enough.  Last year, I did not.  Just rum extract and nutmeg.  I like these better, though the others are a good option if you don't have any eggnog handy.

 Can't wait to see them with icing on them!  I'll do my best to update this post with pics of them when they are all done, after my cookie decorating party today.


Spicy Eggnog Sugar Cookies

1 1/4 c butter
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp eggnog
 1 tsp rum extract
3 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp Garam Masala

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add in egg, eggnog, and rum extract.  Stir in the dry ingredients until a nice ball of dough forms.  Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes - 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Roll out thinly between two pieces of parchment paper.  Cut with desired cookie cutters and transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool on a wire rack, then decorate if desired.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. How long would you say this dough will hold for? If I made it today, would it be fine to bake with on Wednesday? (also, how many cookies from the recipe?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should keep until Wednesday, if you wrap it tightly. It probably made a couple dozen cookies at least, depends on the size of your cutters. :)

    ReplyDelete