Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Recipe: Creamy Crockpot Shrimp Risotto

I found the idea for this recipe on Crockpot 365, and I changed it up a little and it is totally amazing!  I will be making it again, with different variations... the kids adored it!  It tasted kind of like mac and cheese, and the shrimp was subtle.  If you were the type that likes shrimp a lot, you could stir in some shrimp at the end, too.  That would be delicious.



Creamy Crockpot Shrimp Risotto

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 c arborio rice
1 can cream of shrimp soup (I found Campell's)
water up to 4 c
1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 c frozen peas, thawed

Place the oil in the bottom of the crockpot (I used a 3 1/2 quart).  Pour in the arborio rice, and stir to coat with the oil.  Combine the soup with the water and stir into the rice.  Cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours, or until the rice is tender.  Stir in the cheese and the peas and serve!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment