Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recipe: Juice Jell-O Jigglers

I got this fantastic silicone chocolate mold - little people with different moods.  I wish the pictures came out better, because they are totally adorable.

I decided to make Jell-o jigglers with juice instead of making chocolates.  It was a good decision.

All the recipes I found made a huge batch of jigglers.  I wanted to make a small batch.  I also found that, though a small box of "regular" jell-o is 3 oz, and a small box of sugar free jell-o is 0.3 oz, they are equivalent in serving sizes and they need the same amount of liquid.  I can only assume that the real sugar weighs more than the sugar substitute.


Juice Jell-O Jigglers

1 small box Jell-O (3 oz regular, or 0.3 oz sugar free)
2/3 c juice (don't use pineapple juice)

Boil juice, and stir in jell-o powder.  Pour into molds (I used a silicone chocolate mold and silicone muffin cups for what didn't fit into the mold) or into a saran wrap lined baking dish.  Let set in the refrigerator for several hours.  If you didn't use a mold, cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, cute! Once again you inspire me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable. What do you do with the rest of the jigglers though? Do you freeze them? How do they hold their shape without being in the mold? Sorry so many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using only one box of Jell-O (instead of four boxes often called for in jiggler recipes), I made one mold-ful, and two silicone muffin cups (with not much in them). They are harder than normal jell-o and won't lose their shape out of the mold. I gave the girl 4 in her lunch today, and the others are stored in a small tupperware in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are soooo cool!!!! You should do them in a whole rainbow of colors!! The pics aren't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! I put the mold on my amazon wish list. fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat, Astrid! I make regular jello often, but have never tried jigglers. I've always been leery of them for some reason, but your's are so cute I might just try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GAWD I have been searching for almost an hour and you have finally provided a jiggler recipe using ONE box :D My most sincere thanks, if we lived in a world with robot companions or something like that I'd email yours to hug you lol. AND next time I make them, I'm totally using juice instead of water! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks!! I think I made a similar search when I was first trying to find inspiration... :)

      Delete
  8. I got some heart shape molds and am trying to figure out the best to get them out, any tips?

    ReplyDelete