Thursday, January 12, 2012

Recipe: (Imitation) Crab Tacos

My kiddos generally love tacos.  Imitation crab meat was on sale (buy one, get one free!).  So, I decided to try them on some (Imitation) Crab Tacos!

The results were delicious to my mind, and a friend's.  The Boy liked them (though he wasn't a fan of the avocado), and The Girl was decidedly less enthusiastic. 

Still, I'll call it a success.  I can definitely recommend it.  Try it, see how your family likes it!

(Imitation) Crab Tacos

1/2 small onion, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 package imitation crab meat
1 Tbsp taco seasoning (to taste)

1 avocado, sliced
lime juice

shredded cheese (I like the Mexican blend)
shredded lettuce

taco shells

Heat the oil in a pan and cook onion until softened.  Add in the imitation crab meat and the taco seasoning, breaking the meat up with a spatula.  Heat until the meat is warm, about 2 minutes.

Warm taco shells according to package instructions.  Squeeze lime juice over avocado.  Place some meat in a taco shell and top with a slice of avocado, cheese, and lettuce and enjoy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment