Monday, July 8, 2013

Recipe: Grilled Summer Squash & Lentil Tacos

The squash are coming!  Thanks to my CSA, I have some of it, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come.

Tonight, I used my zucchini and summer squash in tacos, with some lentils that the kids and I picked up after sampling them at Costco a while ago.  You could cook up your own lentils, too.
Last week's CSA share
The kids couldn't eat these fast enough.  A total win.

Grilled Summer Squash & Lentil Tacos

2 small yellow squash
1 small zucchini
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 c cooked lentils

shredded lettuce
shredded Mexican blend cheese
taco sauce
taco shells

Preheat a grill to medium heat.  Slice squash thinly, lengthwise.  Brush the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with taco seasoning.  Grill for about 3 minutes, and then flip, so that the squash is cooked through.

Mmmm, squash!
Remove from the grill and chop into small chunks.  Combine the grilled squash with the cooked lentils.

Put the filling in taco shells with some lettuce, cheese, and taco sauce.  Enjoy!


Pin It!

2 comments: