Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wacky Worldly Waffle Wednesday: Morocco

I wasn't sure what I was going to do for Wacky Worldly Waffle Wednesday when I got home from work. Upon peaking into my pantry, I saw some chick peas, and I decided to make some Moroccan inspired waffles!

I found a dish called Fetteh, which is a warm yogurt and chick pea dish, served with toasted pita bread.  I thought it would translate to waffles very well.  So - I give you, Moroccan Fetteh Waffles.


Moroccan Fetteh Waffles

Waffles
2 c waffle mix (I use just add water waffle & pancake mix)
2 Tbsp sesame oil (or tahini if you have any)
1 1/2 c water
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin

"Fetteh" topping
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 cans chick peas, drained and rinsed
2 c Greek yogurt
salt & pepper to taste

Mix together the ingredients for the waffles and cook according to your waffle maker's instructions.

In a saute pan, heat the oil lightly and toast the cumin seeds.  Add the chick peas and the rest of the spices.  Stir in the yogurt and adjust spices to taste.

Serve the waffles with a scoop of the Fetteh on top and enjoy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment