Sunday, February 2, 2014

Recipe: Jalapeno Popper Sliders

It's Superbowl Sunday, and time for more delicious food.  (I don't watch football, but The Hubby does.  I'm in it for the food and the commercials).


A while back, one of our favorite local restaurants had a special of Jalapeno Popper Burgers.  They were delicious. When it came time to make dinner for Superbowl Sunday, The Hubby asked if I could make something like them, and I think I did a pretty good job.


I started out with fresh ground sirloin, because it was on sale at the store, and I have a grinder, so I had no reason not to.  This is, of course, optional.

The kiddos liked them, though they dug out the jalapenos from the burgers.  The cheese sauce was really easy and yummy.  I made them into sliders, because... well, tiny food.

Jalapeno Popper Sliders

Sliders:
1 lb ground beef
2 oz cream cheese
1/4 c jarred sliced jalapenos

Cheese sauce:
1/2 c fat free evaporated milk
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Extra Sharp cheddar)

Slider buns (I made my own with this recipe, but you could either buy slider buns or cut down full sized burger buns)

Form the sliders by taking a small amount of beef, then layering in a teaspoon of cream cheese and topping with a couple slices of jalapeno. (I used my slider kit to make the burgers).

Top with a little more beef.  Press to seal.

Grill burgers in a grill pan (or in a frying pan) until cooked to your preference.

Oh, this cheese sauce
Meanwhile, make cheese sauce.  In a saucepan, heat the evaporated milk.  Add the cream cheese and whisk until melted.  Add the cheddar and continue stirring to melt.


Serve burgers on slider buns, with a generous dollop of cheese sauce.  I prefer mine with a couple more slices of jalapeno.

Enjoy!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love all these ingredients...your sliders look amazing! Gonna try these, for sure.

    ReplyDelete