Thursday, July 15, 2010

Recipe: Whole Wheat Slider Buns

My brother made these for me, but he was kind enough to write down the ingredients for me, and we baked them at my house. 

We cut them with the bun cutter from my slider set, but you could shape them by hand or with a small circle cookie cutter.


Whole Wheat Slider Buns

2 c water
3 c wheat flour
3 c white flour
1/4 c molasses
1/4 c oil
1 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
1 Tbsp yeast
1 tsp salt

Put ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by your manufacturer (this may be too much dough for some bread machines), or mix in a stand mixer (hoping my brother will edit the instructions for me for this part!).  Allow to go through the first rise, punch down, and let rise again.  Punch down a final time and roll out to about an inch to two inches thick. 
Preheat oven to 400 F.  Cut dough into circles (I got 28 out of this recipe) and place on baking sheets.  Without an additional rise, bake for ~15 minutes, or until lightly browned.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment