Thursday, May 21, 2015

Recipe: Vanilla Mini Muffins with Lime Curd

The Boy's birthday was this week, and I didn't have a chance to make a school treat for him until today (birthday party is coming up on Sunday - plenty of food happening there, too!  Watch for the blog post).

He has recently discovered a love of lime.  I decided to make a lime curd for him, and put it inside vanilla mini muffins.

There's a fine line between a muffin and a cupcake.  These will be served at morning snack at school.  Thus - no frosting, and they are muffins.



The lime curd was very easy.  It came together in 10 minutes or so.  I used the recipe from Crazy for Crust, with fresh lime juice, and I strained the curd at the end, to give it a smooth and luscious texture.

The muffins could be modified in many ways, by adding fruit or nuts or anything you like.  I love a good versatile recipe.  I used this recipe from Dine and Dish for the muffins.  Mini muffins take only 10-12 minutes to bake.

To stuff the muffins, I just carved the center out with a sharp knife, and then spooned in a little lime curd.

Oh, darn, there's leftover lime curd... I know The Boy will be upset about that... I've got plans to incorporate it into his birthday cake.  More to come!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment