Monday, June 28, 2010

Recipe: Mini Tuna Ranch Cakes

I got a couple new toys!  One is this mini-burger patty maker (made for sliders), and I just couldn't resist trying to make tuna cakes in it.  My son doesn't like mayonnaise, so I used ranch dressing in these, and it was wonderful.  The carrots add some nutrition and the cheese just works.  Cheddar would be delicious, too.  I happened to have some muenster hanging around, so in it went!

And, happily, the kids loved them!


Mini Tuna Ranch Cakes

1/2 c shredded carrots
2 cans tuna, drained
5 slices Muenster cheese (or your favorite cheese), torn into small pieces
4 Tbsp ranch dressing (I used fat free)
2 tsp dehydrated onion (could use some green onions or regular onions chopped)

Panko bread crumbs, for coating (around 1/2 c)

Mix all ingredients but panko together until it forms a ballable "dough."

Press into small patties (I got 11) and coat with panko. Put on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, and lightly spray the tops.

Bake at 350 until browned, about 20 minutes.

Serve with ranch dressing or tartar sauce.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I made these a couple of weeks ago and they were a HUGE hit with my family! Then, last week I saw this same slider maker at Meijer and just had to have it! I have tuna ranch cakes in the oven as I type this and can't wait! I did have some trouble getting them out of the slider maker, but it wasn't anything I couldn't deal with, lol!

    I just discovered your blog 2 weeks ago and I've made these tuna cakes, homemade chicken nuggets, lentil tacos and taco pizza! EVERYTHING has been a "two thumbs up" with my entire family (which is DH, two teenagers, one toddler, and myself). Thanks for great recipes! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you enjoying my recipes! I'll keep them coming. And, the slider maker is a bit tricky to get things out of.. my husband ejected two turkey burger sliders onto the floor yesterday! oops!

    I need to make those lentil tacos again.. they were really yummy...

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete