Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recipe: Cherry Almond Princess Cakes

I made this as a bundt cake for my father's birthday, and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me calling it a Princess Cake, but... it's pink.  So, princess cake it is.

It's super easy, and delicious.  Good for a little treat in a lunch.


Cherry Almond Princess Cakes

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 can cherry pie filling (regular or lite)
1 tsp almond extract (more if desired)

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Mix all ingredients until well blended and fluffy.  I do about 1 minute on medium in my standmixer.

Scoop into lined mini muffin cups.  Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool on wire racks.  These freeze well.  They are very moist and, in my opinion, do not need frosting.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment