Monday, December 3, 2012

Lunches for Mommy & Daddy: 12.4.12

I threw a quick curry into the crockpot this morning and it was delicious!

For the kids, it was a little too spicy.  I might add a bit less curry powder for their sake next time, but the grown ups in the house all loved it.  We had it over rice.

The curry was super simple - 4 peeled, cubed sweet potatoes, a can of stewed tomatoes, a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, 2 c of water, 2 Tbsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp cumin, and 1 tsp cinnamon in the crockpot all day on low, and then I stirred in about 1 c chopped frozen leaf spinach (not the hard packed kind, but the loose leaf kind).  I let the spinach cook on low for about another 30-45 minutes, and then served.

I didn't take any pictures of the curry until it was in lunches, so I didn't post a separate recipe post on it.

So, for lunch, Daddy has some of the leftover curry, apple slices, peanuts & raisins, and a couple mini blueberry muffins in the GoGreenLunchBox (review coming soon!).


I have some of the leftover curry, apple slices, and peanuts in my Easylunchbox.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy and is perfect for my linky party! Please stop by and link up! Leftovers on Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up your lunch :-)

    ReplyDelete