Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wacky Worldly Waffle Wednesday: Argentina

The Boy looked at the map, and decided that this week's waffle inspiration should be Argentina.

Humph.

Since I wasn't in the mood to have copious amounts of grilled meat sliced on top of waffles, I decided to go with a sweeter creation, and I topped the waffles with dulce de leche and sliced apples.

I don't know how Argentinian it was, but it was delicious for sure.


I have made dulce de leche before, using my pressure cooker, but I decided to use my crockpot this time.  It was super simple.  I poured fat free sweetened condensed milk into canning jars, secured the lids, and put them in the crockpot submerged in water (covering them by at least an inch), and then let it cook on low for ~10 hours.  I liked this method a lot, as you can see how the caramelization is going.  And the result was wonderful.


I served them with thinly sliced granny smith apples.  The waffles were simple, standard waffles. 

Yum.  And Yum again.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment