Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wacky Worldy Waffle Weekend: Morocco

I have a new job which makes Wacky Worldly Waffle Wednesdays really difficult to swing, because I get home later.  SO - The Hubby suggested that I switch it up to Wacky Worldly Waffle WEEKEND! 

It took me a while to get back to it, but here I am.  And the first time back was delicious.

The Girl pointed at the map randomly and we ended up with Morocco.  I decided to base my Moroccan Waffles on the carrot & orange salad from Global Table Adventure's Moroccan menu, with a nod to the "Crater pancakes" that she also did.  They were fantastic, though they didn't taste particularly Moroccan to me.  I didn't have time to do a tagine... so I think it was a win anyhow.

I topped them with honey cinnamon butter with orange slices.  Yum yum yum.

I can totally recommend these waffles.  They are fun for a different take on waffles.


Carrot-Orange Waffles with Honey-Cinnamon Butter

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c semolina flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 c packed finely shredded carrots
1 3/4 c dry milk
1/2 c oil
1 tsp cinnamon
zest of one orange
3 Tbsp orange juice (or juice of one orange)

Honey-Cinnamon Butter

4 Tbsp softened butter
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix together dry ingredients.  Stir in the eggs, carrots, orange zest, cinnamon, and orange juice.

Cook according to your waffle maker's instructions. 

Mix together the softened butter, honey, and cinnamon.  Top the waffles with the butter, and a slice of orange if desired.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment