Friday, December 3, 2010

Recipe: Taco Pizza

I have made Taco Pizzas before, but I made them on a tortilla, as a kind of open faced quesadilla.  This time, I used pizza dough (which I bought - it was a quick dinner night).

I didn't take any pictures when I was making it, but the concept is simple.
ok, so it's not pretty... but it's yummy!


Taco Pizza

Pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
~1/4 lb ground beef or turkey
4 Tbsp taco seasoning (or more, to taste)
~1/4 c fat free refried beans
4 Tbsp taco sauce
1/2 c shredded Mexican cheese
Sour cream, lettuce, and/or salsa if desired.

Brown meat and stir in taco seasoning.  Drain fat off with a paper towel.  Preheat oven to 425 F and roll pizza dough out (I made individual pizzas, but you could do one big one).  Prick dough with a fork lightly and for about 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and spread with refried beans, then layer on meat, taco sauce, and cheese.  Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.

Serve with sour cream, lettuce and/or salsa if desired.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good!!!!!!! I think we'll have that Monday night!

    ReplyDelete