Monday, December 6, 2010

Recipe: Apple Butter Spritz Cookies

I bought myself a new cookie press because I realized that I lost the part of my old one that attaches the disk to the barrel.  Oops.  I love making spritz cookies, and to make spritz cookies, you need a cookie press.

I also attempted to make cheese crackers using the cookie press, but it kind of failed.  I ended up slicing them into circles and baking them that way, and they turned out well.  (I used the King Arthur Flour recipe I've used before).

Then I saw this recipe for Cinnamon Apple Butter Spritz cookies, and I knew I had to try it.  After all, I had some of my crockpot apple butter leftover from my apple butter pie and also my mini apple butter pies.

So, I changed the recipe a little (because my apple butter was already so flavorful!) and gave these a go.  Delicious.

Apple Butter Spritz Cookies
(modified from Wilton)

1/2 c crockpot spiced apple butter
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 c all-purpose flour

 Cream together apple butter and butter.  Add sugar and egg yolk and mix until light and fluffy.  Slowly add flour until well combined.

Transfer dough in batches into a cookie press.  Press into desired shape (not all shapes worked well for me - you may need to experiment) and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on cooling racks and enjoy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment