Sunday, May 8, 2011

Recipe: Kid-Made Peanut Butter Cookies

The Boy wanted to make something for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  He went into the kitchen the other day when I was busy in another room.  I heard the fridge door opening and closing and some
spoons..

I decided to investigate, and saw that he had a mixing bowl with a couple tablespoons of raisins, some nutella on the side of the bowl, and about a quarter cup of yeast.

What can I say?  He's not quite 5.  When I was his age or so, my grandmother caught me with a cookie sheet full of scoops of peanut butter with carrot sticks stuck in them.  I was about to put them in the oven.  That's when she taught me how to make cookies from a recipe.

So - I decided to have the kids make these easy peanut butter cookies nearly by themselves.  I did the oven parts.  They mixed, scooped, and "waffled."

They were pretty proud.  And these cookies are simple and yummy.  They would be better with homemade peanut butter.  The Hubby bought some store bought peanut butter (I can't get him on board with the homemade) and it fell out of the cabinet and the lid broke, so I decided to use some of it up in the cookies.  Yummy, but would be better with homemade.  Just saying.

Kid-Made Peanut Butter Cookies

2 c peanut butter
2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch salt




Preheat oven to 350 F.  Mix all ingredients together well.

Scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets, about 2" apart.


I like to press them using a meat tenderizer.  Dip the meat tenderizer in sugar between each cookie.  You could also use a fork to make criss-crosses on the cookies, but then you should roll the cookie dough balls in sugar first.


Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, and cool on wire racks.  Enjoy.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment