Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipe: My Mom's Biscuity Cinnamon Rolls

I cannot believe I have not posted these on the blog before!

When I was a kid, my mom would make these cinnamon rolls every so often for a special breakfast... I actually had no clue that most people think of cinnamon rolls as the yeasted rolls until I was in high school.  True story.

I love these rolls because they are easy and quick.  I told the kids that I would make them a surprise breakfast for the first day of school, and these cinnamon rolls were ready within half a hour of waking up.  And, everyone loved them.
Couldn't resist taking a bite...


My Mom's Biscuity Cinnamon Rolls

1 c all-purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c skim mik

Filling:
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Put the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a food processor.  Add the butter and pulse until it is combined with the dry ingredients.  Add the milk and turn the food processor on until the dough forms a ball.  You may need to add a little more milk.

Turn the dough out onto a large piece of parchment paper.  Roll into a rectangle, about 1/4" thick.  Spread the melted butter on top of the dough.  Top with the brown sugar evenly, and sprinkle with the cinnamon.  Roll up carefully and tightly.

Cut into about 1" slices.  Place onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.

I got 16 rolls out of this recipe, and that makes for about 100 calories and about 20g carbs per roll.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment