Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lunches: 3.26.14

Yesterday was Swedish Waffle Day, and I forgot about it until about 1 PM, when one of my Swedish friends posted a picture of her waffles on Facebook.  Oops.  So, no waffles for lunch on Waffle Day as in years past...

I did make waffles for dinner, though - Lemon waffles.  I cooked them until they were done, but on the softer side, and served them with vanilla Greek yogurt, and the kids loved them.

The Boy took one of his dinner waffles and rolled it up with the yogurt inside it, and I got an idea - waffle roll-ups!

For lunches, I make some waffle rolls by taking the softest waffles of the batch and spreading with a little vanilla Greek yogurt, then with a few very thin slices of apple (I used my hand-held mandolin).  I then rolled them up, tucking in the sides like a burrito.
Waffle roll-up: 30g, grapes: 5g, apple slices: 3g, watermelon: 5g, Bunny grahams:23g
For lunch, The Boy has a waffle roll-up, grapes, apple slices, Bunny Grahams, and watermelon.  For snack, he has a granola bar (not pictured, 29g).


The Girl has a waffle roll-up, grapes, apple slices, Bunny grahams, and half a banana.  For snack, she has a granola bar and an apple (not pictured).


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment