Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recipe: No-Peak Roast Beef

Last night, I pulled a package of top round beef roast from the freezer and wanted to make something wonderful with it for dinner tonight.

I found this recipe on food.com, and it seemed to be exactly what I wanted.

Served with potatoes au gratin and cheesy cauliflower.  I know, a bit monotonous, but yummy.
The beef turned out perfectly medium rare, with a beautiful exterior searing.  I will be using this recipe again.

It couldn't be easier.
Before roasting
All you have to do is sprinkle the roast with salt, pepper, and a little Smoked Paprika.  Then, rub the surface of the roast with a small amount of oil.  Preheat the oven to 500 F.  When it is to temperature, put the roast in for 5 minutes per pound (my roast was 2 pounds), turn the oven off and do not open the oven door for 2 hours.
All done!
That's it.  Perfect roast beef.  


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment