Sunday, July 11, 2010

Recipe: Banana Blueberry Mini Muffins

This recipe is very similar to my Banana Cranberry Mini Muffins, using what I have on hand - too many ripe blueberries, too many over-ripe bananas... improvisation!

I chopped the bluberries by pulsing in my food processor, because I was making mini-muffins, and I didn't want giant hunks of blueberries in them, but instead little pieces of blueberries.

They would be great with a crumb topping, but I don't tend to do those - they don't stay on as well in the freezer.


Banana Cranberry Mini Muffins

1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3-4 riped bananas
1-1/2 whole wheat flour
4 Tbsp ground flax seed
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped blueberries

Put bananas in bowl and mash well.  Add butter, sugar, and eggs and mix until creamed.  Stir in  dry ingredients, and fold in blueberries.  Preheat oven to 350 F.  Scoop batter into mini-muffin tins (greased or lined with papers) and bake for ~12-15 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.  Makes ~72 mini muffins.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment