Sunday, November 21, 2010

Recipe: Garlic Knots

I was making spaghetti tonight.  And I didn't make my own pasta. 

I know, I'm slacking.

In my defense, I think I'm getting a cold.  And I haven't slept well for a couple nights...

To atone for not making my own pasta, I decided to make garlic knots to go with them.

Shhhhh.  I bought the pizza dough.  At least it's whole wheat.

Super fun and super easy - and they look impressive.  You could use any variety of herbs to make them suitable for lots of meals.  That's a winner in my book.

So try them.  With store bought dough or your own, they are wonderful!


Garlic Knots

Pizza Dough (homemade or store-bought - your favorite.  I used whole wheat store bought tonight)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Roll the dough out into a rectangle.

Spread olive oil onto surface evenly.  Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese.

Slice into strips about 1/2 inch wide (I used a pizza cutter to get even slices).

Tie each strip into a knot and place on a cookie sheet.

Spray with butter flavored cooking spray or brush with butter lightly, and then bake for 12 minutes.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment