Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Recipe: Apple Butter Pie

Another pie (and another one I might try mini for customers on Black Friday...)

I made this pie last year and had actually forgotten about it, but my sister wrote to me last week and asked me if I was going to make it again.

Well, sure I can, if I remember it!

So, I made some apple butter earlier this week, and here's the pie!

It's akin to pumpkin pie, but made with apple butter.  It's truly something special and delicious.

Apple Butter Pie

1/2 c apple butter (store bought or homemade)
2 c fat free evaporated milk
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp flour
cinnamon (to sprinkle)

1 Pie Crust

Mix together apple butter, evaporated mik, sugar, egg, and flour (I used a food processor).  Pour mixture into a pie crust shell.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake for 425 for 10 minutes, and then 350 for 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment