Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Recipe: Cranberry Pecan Pie

Pies!

I'm going to post several favorite pie recipes tonight and tomorrow... my family has a tradition of making too many pies.  It's a wonderful tradition.

And then we eat pie for several days for breakfast.

My mom swears it's a Pennsylvania Dutch Tradition.  I don't know if this is true or not, but I'll take it.

Here's my (not so) secret problem... I fail at pie crust.  I can make tart shells, scones, all sorts of delectable treats... but I fail at pie crust.  So don't judge me.  I buy the rolls of pie crust.  *sigh*  Someday, I shall master the crust.  My family laughs at my failure.  It's kind of a family joke.

This is a new pie recipe this year - Cranberry Pecan.  I am going to attempt making them mini for customers at my retail job on Black Friday.  I'll let you know how that works.

It's a very simple pie to put together.  And so pretty.


Cranberry Pecan Pie

2 c fresh (or frozen) cranberries
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 chopped pecans
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c butter, melted
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract

1 pie crust
Whole cranberries
Chop cranberries (I used a food processor)
All chopped
 Add brown sugar and nuts and combine (I also used the food processor).

Pour this mixture into your prepared pie crust.

Whisk together eggs and sugar.  Add melted butter, vanilla, and flour.  Combine well.  Pour onto the cranberry and nut layer of the pie.
I decorated the top with some pecans and a cranberry
Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, and then at 350 for an additional 35 minutes.  Cool on a wire rack.



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I cheat with my pie crusts, too... I use the Cuisinart, and don't worry about them coming out tough. I'm not there for the crusts, you know?

    ReplyDelete