Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe: Crockpot Mediterranean Chicken

There are some days when we don't have much time after I get home before we have to run out of the house for something else... tonight, it's Girl Scouts.  Instead of running to McDonald's or something similar, or asking my mother-in-law to feed the kids before I get home, I like crockpot meals.

This one is really yummy and both kids liked it.  I'd say that's a keeper.

I served it over a  package of fresh pasta that I had left over from The Hubby's New Year's Eve Chicken Parm, but of course any thicker noodle would work.

Crockpot Mediterranean Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put them in the crockpot frozen)
1 large can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp cooking sherry

1 c cubed feta cheese, drained

Put the chicken in your crockpot (3 1/2 qt works well).  Cover with the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients except for the feta.  Cook all day (8-10 hours, or until chicken is done - less if chicken is not frozen when you start)

Before serving, shred up the chicken with two forks and stir in the feta.  Serve over wide noodles or rice.


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I tend to get really dry chicken breasts in the crockpot. Wondering if it has ever been an issue for you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said crock pot, I came running :) lol
    This sound delicious - I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I start with frozen chicken, it doesn't dry out for me. When I've started with thawed chicken, I've had it dry out.

    ReplyDelete